The Hunter Valley is well known for its day time activities, you can drive through beautiful vineyards, enjoy long lunches in amazing restaurants and sample the world class wines from a vast range of cellar doors - there is also plenty to discover in the evening.
What's on in the Hunter Valley at night?
Find below a list of activities and places to visit at night in the Hunter Valley.
Taste after Twilight
These experiences allow you to enjoy an exclusive wine tasting in the comfort of your own Hunter Valley accommodation seven days a week. It's a great way to wind down after a long day and enjoy some of the region's delicious rare, back vintage wines from boutique producers, some of which don't even have a Cellar Door of their own.
Most of the region's best restaurants stay open for dinner service on the weekends but should you visit mid week, here's a rundown on where to go for spectacular dining every night of the week.
- Monday: Eremo located at Spicers Guesthouse in Pokolbin, it's Italian food so good that even your Nonna will be impressed.
- Tuesday: Botanica Spicers have got it right again with this fine dining experience that offers dishes all about local produce and details.
- Wednesday: Muse is the ideal special occasion restaurant of the Hunter. Wow your date with five star service, creative dishes and rub shoulders with the winemakers of the valley.
- Thursday: EXP is all about experience and exploration. They serve the kind of food you'll be describing in minute detail to your friends for the next month.
- Friday: Margan Take a drive to Broke to be delighted by farm to table style dining with exceptional service and wine.
- Saturday: Bistro Molines The view. The service. The food. You'll love everything at this French inspired eatery on the hill overlooking Mount View. Or Yellow Billy, Think barbecued meats but share style and with a Good Food Guide hat!
- Sunday: Pescara Brings Italian to the the centre of the valley with a menu so appealing, you will want to order everything.
Live like a Local
For a more casual atmosphere, try Nineteen at The Vintage or Harrigan's beside the Hunter Valley Gardens which are both open seven nights a week for casual dining and wine lists featuring local legends. Lovedale's Jimmy Joans serve excellent bar food Thursday-Saturday nights to be enjoyed alfresco at luxe picnic tables
Wind Down at a Winery
Looking forward to seeing you in the Hunter Valley!
The Hunter Valley is a beautiful region with plenty of activities to enjoy after the sun goes down. Whether you're looking to enjoy a wine tasting, have a delicious meal, or simply relax with a drink, there's always something for everyone in the Hunter Valley at night.